Thursday, December 17, 2009

Orange Batik I


I probably like -- not love, just like -- less than 1% of commercial batiks I see for a project as large as toddler clothing. For a long time I viewed them simply as a solution for quilters, a way to match the unmatchable.

But a well done batik is...WOW.

This dress has been hanging around my house since late summer. I take it out of the crafting closet to sell, and with just a quick glance I fall hopelessly in love all over again. It's a 3T, way too big for Olive, but I'm not ready to part with it.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

So um, I want to learn to sew something for myself...something just like this!

Do you know how?

Heidi said...

I'm always putting off projects for myself in favor of Olive, but one day soon I'm going to make something I get to wear!